Sunday, August 26, 2012

Coming Soon - Vote for the next Clark Tyler Cover and win the book!


.

.

I am putting the finishing touches on the next Clark Tyler adventure - a massive revision of a story I originally wrote for the terrific Airship 27 Productions. The changes that include adding Clark Tyler to the story and changing out the other main character. It's a tale of old Hollywood...

However, here is my dilemma... I have 2 amazing Mike Fyles covers for this one and I can't decide which one is best - so that is where you come in.

Look at the two covers that are posted here and leave a vote in the comments. I will choose two people to win a free copy of the printed book when it is out (soonish). One of the winners will be chosen from those who voted for the final cover choice. The other winner will be chosen randomly from all of those voting. I will not necessarily choose the cover with the most votes...

Cover One - Action


Cover Two - Adventure


Please, add a comment to help me decide. I think they are both great. In two weeks I will name the winning cover and the winners!

8.28 - I took Andrew Salmon's suggestion and made the Jade Monk and Thug bigger in the Action version... 

8.28 later - M.D. Jackson had a different idea for the action cover so I have changed that, cause I like it better than the original...

.

.





19 comments:

Paul Bishop said...

The second cover is more vibrant and eye-catching ... Dig it ...

Anonymous said...

Second one ;)
It is more intriguing and better fills the cover (ie. no empty spaces on picture)

cavalierdejeux

Unknown said...

Wow! Having to decide between Mike Fyles covers is no easy task. I love the first one's action but there's too much empty space. If there's any way to zoom in on the image, then I'd go for #1. If not, then I have to select #2. Nice color, a full shot with a hint of menace and intrigue. So, for the record, #1 if it can be tweaked. If not, then I'm going with #2

Erwin-K said...

I see things very much the opposite way. Number two is static with not enough mystery/threat.

Number one draws you right to the action. Filling the empty space with more than some nebulous backgrop would probabily detract from the action.

Jim said...

First has action, second has colors... Tough choice. I'd say #1 for the action.

Anonymous said...

I'm leaning toward number 2. Mysterious, evocative, and moody.

Unknown said...

Tought choice, they're both good. but I think I like the second second better because it fills the cover more.

Cavalier said...

I like number 2.

Anonymous said...

Cover 2. It jumps out at me the most and evokes a feeling of suspense. I think what bothers me about cover 1 is the red void that the people are floating in. If there was some sort of background it would be a much tougher decision because I like the dame in the red dress.

-ChaosChild

Aldin said...

If I grabbed both off the shelf I'd pick the adventure cover. Love the color and light. It has a depth to it that draws me in.

Ken Horowitz said...

I like cover 2 Adventure -- makes me want to pick up the story and find out what's going on. The first cover is too traditionally "action" for me.

seanhtaylor said...

The second one has faces I can see. That's always a selling point for me. So, the second one.

Anonymous said...

Cover two makes it look like the Jade Monk *is* the spectre, like he's about to grab the lady, unawares. It also looks more like old exploitation pulp than action adventure.

So I'd go with number one.

--Elstree

Anonymous said...

number 1 - the 2nd one makes me think it is a fantasy style romance novel for some reason. It is really close and tough, I do like the 2nd one, but I would not pick it up with out knowing the book cause I would think it would be a romance.


Hendal

v said...

Both are strong, but the first is a bit simpler, while the second feels richer. Most of all the second has more ambiance to me, it feels like a good adventure with intrigue and not just action. I'd choose the second one, if I were picking up a book off the shelf.

Bixby said...

I think Number 2 has a better vibe with the imagery. Cool stuff

Anonymous said...

After the adjustment to first cover, I find that I like them both quite well.

Unknown said...

Yup, that revised cover #1 can't miss! That's my preferred cover although both are great!

Anonymous said...

My vote is for number 2, it best matches the tile.