Thursday, July 30, 2009

Adventures in Sci Fi Publishing is Back

For those interested in the fantasy and SF literary fields, Adventures in Sci Fi Publishing is one of the best podcasts out there. They do news, reviews, and best of all, author interviews. But be careful, you might end up buying a few books. They have been on hiatus... BUT NOW THEY ARE BACK!

One of the things that sets AiSFP apart is that Shaun Farrell really researches the author he interview and asks great questions. Who has been on the show? Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman, David J. Williams, Elizabeth Bear and Tobias Buckell, Neil Gaiman, Lois McMaster Bujold, Timothy Zahn, Michael Moorcock, Larry Niven, Kay Kenyon, Robert J. Sawyer, Dan Simmons, and many others. The guests really are amazing.

While I was at the San Diego Comic-Con last weekend, I noticed Kevin J. Anderson was sitting at his table and upon remembering the AiSFP interview I had recently listened to (I am way behind, but catching up), I met Mr. Anderson and bought his new book. After hearing how I came to arrive at his table, Mr. Anderson proclaimed to his wife, "A podcast direct sale!" Yes, that was true. If I hadn't heard the interview I would have passed right by.

The first post hiatus episode features an interview with Greg Van Eekhout, author of Norse Code. Another good interview and his book sounds interesting.

Check it out.



No comments: