Tuesday, November 10, 2009

NaNoWriMo 2009 Update



I am participating in the National Novel Writing Month event for the first time this year. NaNoWriMo is an event for writers and sets the goal of writing a short novel in one month. That means that you have no time for edits or rewrites, you just have to put your fingers on the keys and type an average of 1700 words a day for 30 days.

The good news is that I am on target. I have 17,280 words 1/3 of the way through the event. The bad news is that I am about 1/2 way through my outline... I guess I'll see what happens.

I am writing Dreamweavers, a science fiction, post-cyberpunk, post-climate change, conspiracy thriller. The only other book I know of in that genre is the great Glass Houses by Laura J. Mixon.


After I am finished, I am sure that there will be a period of many months of editing / rewriting while I get back to the pulp short fiction that I am writing.

2 comments:

littlewars said...

Best of luck Doc,

that sounds grueling!

rose-anne moore said...

At least you had an outline: I had an opening scene, and have no idea where this thing is taking me...